Monday, April 03, 2006

It List: Monday 4/3/06

There will be a free Mexican food buffet from Pepe's Y Mito's upstairs at the Cavern during Cee Pee's Dj set, where a listening party for the new Flaming Lips album will be taking place. You should go for the free food and the good music that CeePee will play, but I've gotta say it: the new Flaming Lips album sucks. Like, really bad. Like, their worst album in more than a decade. Has anyone else heard it? If you haven't, and you like the Flaming Lips, get ready to be disappointed.

Shit goes down at 10pm.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard one song off the new record, and I must admit to feeling great disappointment upon listening. The song seemed solid, but, after all, we are talking about The Lips. A merely solid song is way below the bar that they helped to set.

5:21 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

I actually dig the new lips a lot more than the last album. There a few stand out trax I have been playing at Lost Generation for a few weeks now. Not as good as their old stuff, but they kind of set a high benchmark with Soft Bulletin.

6:56 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

well, I'll probably give it a couple more listens before I completely forget about, but I really REALLY hate the "yeah yeah yeah song." It annoys me to no end.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't care what you say, the enchiladas were great. And the salsa....

I think it was the best thing Pepe Y Mitos has done in years.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha!

looks like i missed out on some good food last night. nothing like mexican food when your high.

...music's good too

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

priest driven ambulance, priest driven ambulance. can I get a side of nachos?

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's weird, the second half of the record is actually really amazing, but the first half is like listening to fingernails scratching a chalkboard.

the first half: it's THAT bad
pepe's y mito's salsa: fantastic!

4:29 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

I think I'm starting to agree with you on that.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home