Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It List: Tuesday 8/29/06

1. X, Rollins Band, Riverboat Gamblers (Gypsy Tea Room)

$23 isn't exactly a very "punk" ticket price but that's okay. I would actually pay that much to see X alone. I've seen Rollins before and he does put on a really entertaining show even if I can't really get behind some of his Nineties albums. He's touring with his original lineup so that should probably help. I'm sure you've heard of the Riverboat Gamblers, who have the coveted job of opening tonight. They're a punk band from Denton and they're well known for their high energy live show.

2. The Lost Generation with DJ Mwanza (The Cavern)

From the DJ himself:

"Lots of new additions to this week: [A}pendics shuffle,Benga,7 Samurai, DJ Shadow, Dragonforce(yeah this shit is just too funny), Jeff Mills & The Montpellier Orchestra, DJ Spooky and Dave Lombardo and of course the mighty return of the IDM GOD know as SQUAREPUSHER. Of course I am still digging into my Soul Jazz collection also recently scored a new batch of rare funk 45's. I will be joined by Gabriel from Lollipop Shoppe and Grits n Gravy. It will be all over the map as usual. come out and have a drink. Shake your booty and say hi."

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tonight i will rip the soul from your body and make a fire that burns intense and with great fury. tonight i will put a power drill to my own skull and drill to see what happens. tonight dallas texas will burn. and to the asshole who may throw a water bottle at my head, if you do, you are so totally going in my next spoken word piece.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's been a rash of people having ID theft connected to The Cavern. So pay cash when you go.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

btw - where's the SHIT LIST been? I can't be the only one who wants some more dirt.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@the cavern..
the asian bartender downstairs blows..

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...that's who charges a buck for water.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crack head, she's a crack head....why is she still working there?

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure she's a very well-intended crack head who charges a buck for tap water.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cavenr has the absolute, hands down worst bar staff of any bar in Dallas. They are rude, dishonest and they smell too.. randomly.. It is a complete mystery to me why that place ever has does any business. I wish Spune would take its shows to DWide or something...

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man i really suck at spelling.. sorry

10:40 AM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

All of the Barstaff I have ever worked with have always been extremely nice folks.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blix: i'd consider them friendly if i got free drinks tooo

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanz, I think you might be the only person who has ever had a good experience with the Cavern barstaff. congratulations. (12 page Wanz reply goes here)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every night is rape night for wanz at wsjr!

8:59 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

I don't get free drinks. I get half off my first 5 drinks. And the bartenders I have worked with have been really nice folks. I do not speak for those I have not worked with since I don't really know them. I am not gonna slam people I don't really know when they have done nothing to me. The only person that looks like an asshole is Anon 10:30. You really need to chill bro. I'm sorry for whatever I did to ya. Really. I wish nothing but the best for ya.

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, current leaves! Where's EDD? Why don't he post on here no more?

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home