Friday, April 14, 2006

Heavy Rotation: The We Shot J.R. Playlist for 4/14/06




So you were probably sitting around this week going "Hey, I wonder what kind of cool, extraordinarily hip shit the badasses at We Shot J.R. have been listening to lately." We heard your cries, crybabies (and we'll even throw some Mp3s into the mix):

Liars Drums Not Dead (Record of the year so far? Yes.) MP3 "Lets Not Wrestle Mt. Heart Attack"

Fleetwood Mac Rumors (why this never leaves my record player I'm just not sure.)

Islands Return to the Sea (other record of the year so far? yes.) "Jogging Gorgeous Summer" Mp3

Guided By Voices Bee Thousand

Happy Mondays Pills n' Thrills and Bellyaches

Akron/Family- Angels of Light split

Castanets First Light's Freeze

Ellen Allien Berlinette

Faust IV

Ghostface Killah Fishscale

Great Lakes Swimmers Moving Pictures Silent Film

Jesus and Mary Chain 21 Singles

John Lennon Plastic Ono Band

Manitoba Up In Flames "Track 3" Mp3

Mercury Rev Boces

Notorious B.I.G. Ready to Die

Sea and Cake Oui

Spacemen 3 Playing With Fire

Voxtrot Mothers, Sisters, Daughters and Wives EP Title Track MP3

Sly and the Family Stone Theres a Riot Goin' On

(If bands or management want any of these songs removed, please email me and I will take them off the blog ASAP. Thanks.)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i work for spacemen 3's label and you do not have permission to play them....please send us some heroin NOW BITCH

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAUST! YES!

9:31 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

I dig Ellen Allien and everythiong wlsw on bpitch in a major way and Berlinette changed the way I look at dance music. That is so fucking cool that you guys dig that stuff. I am curious as hell as to who you guys are now. I don;t know hardly anyone else that is into that stuff outside of the laptop deathmatch crew and only a few of them dig that stuff. Mad respect to ya.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i shot up with sonic boom. it was totally boring...

6:20 AM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

I don't want to know who you guys, but going by the records you guys dig I'm surprised I never met you but going the records you list I'm kinda shocked I never met ya before. Faust IV is definately the shit......for that matter your whole list is pretty sic.

9:27 AM  
Blogger kidko said...

thx for the mp3s. i've been wondering what the Liars sound like. Pretty fuckin cool.

off topic: P.I. Arrests on hold

10:19 AM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

Liar's rule!!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

??????

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mwanza wait till u see him drunk and preaching the gospel tonight!!!!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i HATE fleetwood mac.... but i love the b52s... is that so wrong?

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Drum's Not Dead is amazing!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're listening to Fleetwood because you're really dying for Van Occupanther. Other than that Stevie Nicks addiction, of course.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool list, I need to check that Islands out.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home