Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It List: Tuesday 8/22/06

Record reviews will be posted later today. Here are some things that I'm giving you permission to do tonight:



1. Lost Generation w/ Wanz (Cavern upstairs): Here is what Wanz has going tonight:

have special guest DJ select tonight sitting in with me. I am gonna have guest DJ's with me for the next few weeks. I am kicking this off with Select from the Party. Next week I have Gabriel from Grits n' Gravy and The Lollipop Shoppe. 2 weeks from now I am throwing another Lost Generation concert for solo and duo songwriters and composers downstairs and The Flashlight Party helping me upstairs. I am still compiling trax for the Texas nuggets night. I hope to be able to do this by the end of september. As far as stand out trax tonight go: New songs from Radiohead(live from last months Berkeley, CA show), Scratch Acid, New Digital Mysticz, New Burial(South London Burroughs ep), J Dilla, Pram, Seefeel, Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra, Luke Vibert, Mew, The Knife, Mark Stewart & The Mafia, Mingus, a couple of new remixes by me, and of course whatever else catches my fancy at the time. I am working on a mixtape. It may be ready for tonight. Definately by next week. It will feature a lot of remixes by yours truly.

2. Mix Tapes and Babyfights (Club Dada): I've never seen Frank Hejl's variety show, but I've heard good things, and thought you might be down. Tonight's performance will feature the comedy of Cooperation Corporation (watch their theme video on the myspace page), and the music of Hardin Sweaty and the Ready to Go (who I'm not really sure about, other than the fact that they have the worst name ever.)

Buh bye.

5 Comments:

Blogger tania said...

i will be at the cavern tonight,
lovie, fall of snow from L.A. and the ramonalisas are playing.

that would be the band i am in.

you can come and throw the odd bevnap at me, and that would be just fine.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't mwanza the greatest?
serioulsy.
love his way,right?

4:05 PM  
Blogger tania said...

i love that ted from faux fox came just to see me! :)

12:53 PM  
Blogger FrequencyDown said...

We had a bigger turnout than I had expected.
Thanks to everyone who made it out to Mix Tapes & Baby Fights!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it was'nt for wsjr, what would poor little doverboy do?!?!?!?

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home