Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It List: Tuesday 3/27/07


You know how we always say "coming up this week blah blah" and then whatever we say is going to happen doesn't actually happen until way after we say its supposed to? Well this week, you can actually expect good stuff, so stay tuned. We've all been a little busy lately, but you'll see things getting back in gear within the next day or two. We've got a couple new writers that will hopefully add to our ability to cover more ground each week, so we're looking forward to it. And so are you.


Church of the Snake/Clipd Beaks/Chief Death Rage (Rubber Gloves): I don't know anything about all the personal shit that people have been throwing back and forth around here concerning Rubber Gloves and it's owner, but the phrase "pick your battles" certainly comes to mind every time I read an overly negative comment directed towards one of the best all around commercial venues in either Denton or Dallas. In any event, tonight's show promises to be a can't miss in this music expert's mind, and I'll tell you why. First, Chief Death Rage. You already know why they're good. Second, Tigerbeat 6's Clipd Beaks, whose spaced out noisy industrial psychedelic rock has the potential to destroy Rubber Gloves much the same way that Indian Jewelry did a few months ago. A near perfect blend of so much that I like (and not your normal Tigerbeat 6 thing either), I'd be willing to bet the price of admission that they'll be more than worth seeing, and anyone thats into Deerhunter, Liars or the Black Angels will probably agree with me. Third, Church of the Snake. I admittedly don't know a whole lot about this band, but shit: the few things I have heard from them are quite exciting. Listen to the little snip on their Myspace page if you'd like further proof. I usually try not to be so reckless with making a recommendation about a band I don't know, but their brutal songs make them seem worth the risk to me.
And if you're down Dallas way and feeling a bit adveturous, you can head over to Club Dada (strange sequence of words, no?) to see the supremely strange Danielle & Thomas play what I believe is their first show. Head over to their Myspace page and imagine the number of directions that this show might take. Could be great, could be terrible. Who know? I'd listen to "Thomas Meeting Danielle," which is actually a pretty great little track. They appear to be opening, so I'd get there early if you feel like giving it a shot.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Church of the Snake RULES!!!!

they were awesome at House of tinnitus last year!!!

Great show at RGRS!!!!
be there

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one of the guys in clipd beaks used to play in a band with Adam from Chromatics.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are people who post about HOT so full of capitalization and exclamation points? I love going to shows at HOT, but settle the fuck down already..

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOUSE OF TINNITUS FUCKING SERIOUSLY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody know anything about Mable's burning down? That is a real bummer man. I know there haven't really been shows there for a while, but still... terrible.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok 4:05 your right... sorry, i just like to get roudy.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...IM A PARTY ANIMAL!!!!!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arson. sucks. i think it's unknown at this point. and it's unknown whether it was a hate crime or not as far as i know. again. it sucks. great bar.

5:20 PM  
Blogger zak said...

Hmm, Can't make it up to Denton tonite, but that Clipd Beaks sounds right up my alley.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK it's because we are fucking excited about partying and LISTENING to music and being with our friends. LIFE IS gnarly sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life is a black cespool of despair and woe

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas is fucking cool

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck!!!! I just shit myself!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So. Did Queef Death Rage play the same 5 songs again? What time are they playing tomorrow? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just farted and it sounded like Farah crying. It made me laugh my ass off! :)

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOT FUCKING RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, what's going on at the GNARLY House?

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GNARLY STUFF!!!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

church of the snake was fucktastic. anyone who didn't show missed out majorly.

9:45 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

tell us more. I really wish I could have made it. Seriously.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home