Sunday, April 19, 2009

2 Sunday Updates

I was going to bitch about how hard it is to keep track of shows when people tell me about them: 1) in person, 2) via text message, or 3) via email, instead of using our show calendar, but then I realized that at least one of the shows we forgot to add to our weekender was, in fact, on the show calendar, thanks for Firehouse Gallery's Ben Rogers, so then I felt a little stupid. And then I remembered the look on Tim Duncan's pathetic face when he took a seat on the bench in the 4th quarter and watched the Mavs steal home court advantage from his team, and I realized that nothing was going to ruin my day. Anyway, here are a couple things going on tonight that we forgot to tell you about:

Going on for a couple more hours (until sunset), there's a free Disco BBQ party going on at Samuel Grand Park with people playing old school house and disco. It's BYOB and there will be grills if you want to bring food.... we don't know exactly who will be spinning there, but Schwa is the one who let us know about it so I'm guessing he's involved.

Also happening tonight is the premier of the Metrognome Collective's Firehouse Gallery in Ft. Worth, with performances from Yells at Eels, Dave Dove, Sonia Flores and Jason Jackson.  A great night of free and improvised jazz starts at 8pm.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home