Friday, June 12, 2009

not new music fridays

Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom (1974, Virgin)

Sorry dudes, I've been super busy this week, hence the belatedness of this post. Things should be back to normal next week.

I suppose I'll continue, and hopefully conclude, the Soft Machine themed posts that started with last week's not new music and carried on with Monday's morning rock video by presenting Robert Wyatt's second solo album, Rock Bottom. Wyatt was writing songs for the third Matching Mole record when he was paralyzed from the waist down after suffering a fall from a fourth floor window, thus ending his career as a drummer. He continued to write throughout his recovery and the results ended up being this album.

I can't say much about Rock Bottom that hasn't been said before, and I'm not even going to try. This album will slowly kick your ass, and you'll probably be better off for it. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home