Monday, August 17, 2009

It List: Monday

Best Fwends/Zwounds/Casy and Brian (1919 Hemphill): Great show tonight at Hemphill. I'm not sure what else I can say about Best Fwends that I haven't already said at some point in the past 3 and a half years. I mean, we covered the Bacardi commercial and how they're more famous in Europe and the Death Set split 7 inch from forever ago and all that stuff already, didn't we? I still think they're one of the funniest and shittiest (in a good way) bands around, and since 1919 Hemphill is kinda where they got their start, I'm sure they'll have a good number of fwends out to see them tonight, especially since the Onion recently referred to them as "iPod-backed synth-strangling naifs." That's always a big draw. San Francisco's Casy and Brian are actually pretty similiar in many respects, with a feel-good, hyperactive Casio/synth pop sound that is often dizzying in speed, harshness and happiness, although probably a little poppier and closer to something like old Yacht or the Blow. Things will apparently get started around 8Pm this evening.

Cool Out (the Cavern)

Bad Ass Jazz (Amsterdam)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home