Monday, October 26, 2009

It List: Monday



Why?/Serengeti and Polyphonic/Au (Hailey's): Most people I know that want to go to this show have really been talking up Serengeti, who, with the video above, rekindled my love for Chicago, America, and "Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles, Ruffles..." I wish I knew where that beautifully dramatic string sample is from, and I'm sure some Hip Hop "scholar" or purist can tell me. This is an open request. Let me know. Most of the other Serengeti songs I have heard are more along the lines of thoughtful indie hip hop that I'm not so big on, but I think Serengeti's delivery, range, personality, and approach is superior to most of his better-known contemporaries.

Cool Out (The Cavern)

Paul Slavens (Dan's Silver Leaf)

Bad Ass Jazz (The Amsterdam)

Mayhem Mondays (Fallout Lounge): It turns out that this event is still happening, Stefan Gonzalez just won't be spinning records for a short while. That duty will apparently be handled by Mayhem Mondays founder, Alex Moreno, AKA DJ Meco Seco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home