Monday, February 01, 2010

It List: Monday

First up, there's the usual Monday Night trio of "Bad Ass Jazz" at The Amsterdam, Cool Out at The Cavern, and Paul Slavens at Dan's Silverleaf, as well as:

Full Of Hell/STS/Reviver/Raging Boner/Rotundus (1919 Hemphill)

Playlister P AKA Pete Freedman (Libertine): Come hear Pete Freedman play the best in local music. Hopefully it will include a round-table discussion about whether or not Alan Palomo is really from Denton, Austin, San Antonio, or Monterrey. Here's a quote from an old interview with Bleach Online:

"Originally I was born in Monterrey which is about two hours from the border. I lived there until I was about 6 and I guess I lived in Texas most of my life. I was in Denton for the past couple years going to U.N.T. and that is where I did my last project, Ghosthustler, and I actually just moved to Austin mid August (2008). -A. Palomo, November, 2008


Just a warning, ladies and gentlemen: An extremely local and small worldview makes for an equally small thought-process. Seriously, is it healthy to obsess over how long somebody lived somewhere and when, merely so writers can unjustifiably include themselves in any story having to do with the success of those that have moved away from DFW?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home