Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It List : Tuesday


Daredevil Christopher Wright| Leatherwood | The Polycorns (The Schoolhouse)

If you like inoffensive folk-pop, Daredevil Christoper Wright fits the bill. I have not been to The Schoolhouse but I hear that it is really hot and muggy. Can I get some confirmation on that?

Well let's see, if the above does not tickle your fancy, some new DVD's came out today as they do every Tuesday. Perhaps you would like me to recommend a couple that I might be checking out, i.e. watching in my room alone in the dark. I'm going rogue here so if you want to see another Tuesday movie recommendation again let me know so I can tell SR and he will sign it into law. Not New Music Tuesday coming up later too.



The T.A.M.I. Show Collectors Edition


Without a doubt one of the grooviest movies ever made and this is the fist time it has been available (legally) in the U.S. thanks to those great people at Shout Factory!. The movie is basically The Jonas Brothers in 3D but not in 3D and featuring circa 1964 performances from The Beach Boys, Marvin Gaye, The Supremes, The Rolling Stones,Chuck Berry and many more!

Days of Heaven

There was a DVD release of this already but it was cropped terribly and the transfer sucked. This is a Criterion release so you know all that will be fixed, and rightfully so because this movie has some damn pretty cinematography and close-ups of Richard Gere's face. This was directed by Terrence Malick who also made that love on the run romp Badlands.


Bigger Than Life

Never seen this one, but it has James Mason and Walter Mathau so I am probably going to watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home