Tuesday, April 06, 2010

It List : Tuesday


King Khan And The Shrines/The Fresh & Onlys/Bad Sports (Sons Of Hermann Hall): Man, I was all ready to write about King Khan And The Shrines, and how they're a 0ne-of-a-kind live experience, and how it's cool that he's influenced by avant jazz as much as soul and obscure garage 45's, but then I remembered that Khan wrote for Vice Magazine as a Canadian teen, and I got stuck on "Do's And Dont's," and I wasted about four and a half hours of valuable work time.

It was a really great moment when King Khan played the main minimal organ part on guitar to "Liquid Swords," when GZA performed the opening track to the legendary album of the same name at Fun Fun Fun Fest last year. It was seriously one of the main highlights of the whole festival.


Mariachi Quetzal (Dan's Silverleaf): Publicists are awesome. They get their facts wrong about the artists they represent and the places where they perform so often, you would think that a lot of them are actual rock critics. I guess some of them are. It's kind of like being a political lobbyist. Why am I bringing this up and what does it have to do with Dan's Silverleaf? Well, I'll tell you. Just click on that screen grab above from the We Shot JR email I answered today and check it out. Is a name change in order at Dan's? I would hate to be paying this joker four thousand bucks to represent me, that's for sure. I'll spare him the embarrassment of posting his name.

90's Night With Yeah Def (Hailey's):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home