Monday, October 18, 2010

It List: Monday


White Denim/Elf Power/PVC Street Gang (The Loft): Wait, what does White Denim sound like again? I know I've written about them before but I can't really remember. Sigh. Guess I'll go listen again. I do a lot of shit for you guys, ya know that? Wait, didn't Gorilla vs Bear used to write about them sometimes? Oh now I remember. They had that song "Let's Talk About It" a few years ago. Are they on Casual Victim Pile? Um, nope, don't see em on the list. Bonus points for not being on that shit, but negative points for being "from Austin." I've listened to five of their songs and still can't think of anything to say. Is that saying something in and of itself? I guess so. Elf Power? Elephant 6 band. Think I used to listen to them sometimes too, can't remember. Feel like Hal when he's getting shut down.... things are moving sloooooowly.... some of the original members of Elf Power were also in Of Montreal. Cute. Minus 10 points, 9 of which are due to the fact that Kevin Barnes is a hipster libertarian who thinks "capitalism is a fun challenge." I hope the Bush tax cuts expire and that shitbag has to make drastic cuts in his monthly face paint budget. I don't think I'd hate the guy so much if he hadn't tried to defend his decision to sell a song to Outback Steakhouse with the kind of Intro to Macroeconomics arguments that most of our political leaders use to rape all of us in every way possible. Meanwhile Barnes dresses like a guy who rapes Unicorns. I'm listening to an Elf Power song called "Spiral Stairs." It's pretty good... sounds like T-Rex, which is alright by me. Now I'm listening to another song that sounds like a mixture of Yo La Tengo and World Party. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? Anyway, this is at the Loft, and I doubt I'd have a good time going to it, even after my third can of $5 bud light or whatever kind of overpriced bullshit they sell there. I'd probably watch the Rangers if I were still in Texas. In fact, I'm probably going to do that anyway.

Cool Out (the Cavern)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home