Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It List: Wednesday



The Numerators/Sunn Talk/Kiwi Sisters (The Cavern): Always a great time with the Numerators. And I'd never heard of Garland's Kiwi Sisters until today-- kind of interesting, at times decent loner bedroom synth pop, and sort of shitty in parts too. I really don't know what to think, but its worth checking out to see what you think.

Bone Thugs n Harmony/Johnny Ringo (House of Blues): Goddamn, I love Bone Thugs. I also love Cleveland, where they're from. I don't know what it is, exactly, but Bone's best singles just fucking kill it every single time. I rocked em in 10th grade, and I like them as much or possibly even more now. Of course, the irony of a bunch of suburban kids singing along about "the first of the month" isn't lost on me, but that's kind of part of the fun, isn't it?

Interpol/White Rabbits (Palladium): What happens to someone like Carlos D when first they're cool, then everyone makes fun of them, then they become unworthy of even mockery? Now that hipsters are more or less a thing of the past, I can't imagine what this guy will possibly do with the rest of his life. I mean, he was more of a professional hipster than anyone I can think of. And if you haven't read the article linked in the previous sentence, I would highly recommend checking it out-- a good look back at the counterculture decade that never was. I'd be curious to see what any of you have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home