Friday, April 21, 2006

It List: Friday 4/21/06

Once again, its happening in Denton tonight:

Voxtrot/Irving/Bosque Brown/Tacks the Boy Disaster (Hailey's- Denton): Great line up tonight. We're still a bit skeptical about Irving, but we'll see how they sound live.... they do have some good songs, so who knows? The entire We Shot JR crew could possibly be in full force at this thing tonight. Tacks is pretty sweet.

Undoing of David Wright/Strange Boys/Attractive and Popular (Rubber Gloves-Denton): Another great show up in Denton tonight. There is a possibility that you will have your face rocked off.


AND DONT FORGET: The Kettle, a gallery across the street from Trees, will have Unconscious Collective at 9pm, featuring Aaron Gonzalez of Sanctuary Studios fame. We are told that fans of Sun Ra and Ornette Coleman should get over there tonight. Sorry, no website for you or anything.


AND ANOTHER THING:

Tomorrow, the Yella House in Denton will be hosting a free show in the afternoon, starting at 3pm. There will be grilling involved, keg beer, and:

Sarah Reddington
The Undoing of David Wright
The Pebble that Saved the World
Meroe


AND ANOTHER NOTHER THING:

Good Records- Black Angels instore for the "Passover" release party. 4pm Saturday.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is also Fry Street Fair, though I'm not sure if it's "cool" anymore. I think it is. Featuring the likes of Fra Pandolf, Birth to Burial, Happy Bullets, Record Hop, and, well, a ton more, all of different stripes. Always a fun day. I'll be hitting both this and Mulberry. A great day of music under the spring sun tomorrow


Plus, a speech from Kinky Friedman!
And kickass Hare Krishna food!

5:03 PM  
Blogger tystamp said...

Tonight also is FREAK ST. FAIR
with
Violent Squid
GymMatNap
The Mad Scientist
The Noise Revival (austin)
@ J&Js Ol' Dirty Basement
Denton
FREE

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah the Unconscious Collective really needs a page or something. Not that they read this.

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm heading to Bar of Soap for Team Evil's debut show with Tah-Dahs & Blackheart Society. Hey, it's free, why not?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Tonight I went to a place called Zubar to see DJ Klever. Talk about a freakin' lame place with lame people. But Klever was totally cuttin', jugglin', and doing his thing no matter what. I haven't seen many turntablists, so this was quite an experience for me. I was very impressed and had a great time. He even played Blondie, Talking Heads, the Clash and Michael Jackson. Totally awesome remixes to almost every song he did too. It's always fun to get away from the ordinary and do something different. Oh yeah. I also saw the documentary about Daniel Johnston. I highly recommend it.

2:44 AM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

The Strange boys stomped me into the ground. Undoing do David Wright were incredible. I remember meeting both of these bands in their infancy. I went to the second or third Strange Boys show when they were still a 2 piece. I kind of watch these bands grow up over the past few years. Back the I used to tell my bandmates "These bands are the future". Last night I saw the proof. I am so happy for both of the these bands. If you have not seen them lately..........you are really missing out.

This was my 1st trip to just hang out in Denton in awhile. I had a blast. I saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. Gonna have to do this more often. Worth the drive.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the attractive and popular, strange boys, and undoing show was fantastic..... the undoing show may have been the best i've seen yet. last time i saw that line up was the best local show i'd ever seen (at the double wide)... this may top it... but i'm not sure yet.

10:57 AM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

man.... too bad we missed it.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo bustos,
One of the bands was
yay telescopes

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, too bad you missed it and too bad my damn video camera keeps turning on after i charge it and put it back in it's bag.... past 3 shows i've been to i show up w/ a camera bag but my camera has no battery to speak of... can't even get stills.

by the way... anyone know of any cheap way to get better sound for a DV camera? filming bands like the undoing gets GREAT visual results but the sounds are so damn muddy that it devalues everything a shit load

....any cheap-o gear i should look into?

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home