Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It List: 7/11/06 Bones!




Lost Generation w/ Wanz (The Cavern Upstairs): Wanz will be playing some Syd Barrett and some of his contemporaries (Silver Apples, Hendrix, etc.) Soft Machine, Diplo, a lot of cuts from the new An Albatross record, and a bunch of other stuff too.


So Many Dynamos/ Everything Looks Better Upside Down/ Plastic Assassins (Metrognome Collective Ft. Worth): So Many Dynamos describes their own sound as Dismemberment Plan meets Les Savy Fav, and I'd say thats just about right. And despite the fact that they might not have the most original sound in the world (they sound A LOT like LSF, perhaps a bit rougher) they write good songs and will be good live. They'll be playing with the excellent and eclectic ELBUD. Plastic Assassins are one of those bands that have a horrible song on their Myspace page ("Certaphone"), and a couple ok ones. So I don't know what to tell you about them, but I wouldn't get TOO excited.

And Chris Garver is playing at Club Dada with Domenic Ferraro (who provided the very disturbing photo above and plays with Eaton Lake Tonics). Ferraro plays slightly above average indie folk I guess you could say. Kristin Allen Zito also plays.... I guess her songs are like cutefunny, which I guess makes her like the Jill Sobule of Dallas or something? I don't have the energy.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your Blog
My name is Phil W Little check out my Blog.

Detective Matt
Cooper.blogspot.com

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin Allen-Zito is from Seattle. The show tonight is only $3 and you get 1/2 Price Pints. Check it out!

4:48 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

oops. My bad.

4:51 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

And does Matt Cooper's post count as an ad?

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KAZ is actually good stuff. nicely written, nicely sung girl-folk with a little difranco-city, but not too much grrrl.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the sound guy does like a good Mexican beer...I wish it could all be BYOB...Hi James, have fun tonight!

5:07 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

I'm cool like that

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this lovely bulletin from Eaton Lake Tonics: "CHECK IT!
Eaton Lake Tonics are playing at Dada tonight.
All yous gravy trains thoughts gonna be -Domenic solo- is fools.
HA!
peep dis....

EATON LAKE TONICS

CHRIS GARVER

KRISTIN ALLEN-ZITO

at CLUB DADA
TONIGHT - JULY 11 2006

get there at 8:30pm with $3 in-hand
you gots to be legal (to drink)

that's 2720 Elm St in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX

M'yeah!"

Guess my show changed up on me. Either way, will be fun!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TONIGHT ON THE PORCH @ DAN'S SILVERLEAF

Music:
Blues Deportation
Kody Jackson
Emil Rapstine

Words:
Jason Ashbaugh
Lloyd*

Dan's Silverleaf
Denton TX

FREE... Starts at 8PM

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this lovely bulletin from myself: "Eaton Lake Tonics is boring."

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i came across this one:

"club dada sucks. one time i got a bj in the bathroom but thats about it. wasn't a very good one either. i think dada channelled its negative spirits in my weiner."

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bathrooms alone cause nightmares....

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin Allen-Zito was pretty damn good (and a cool cat to boot! it prolly has alot to do with her personality, but I felt like Id known her for years)

I was jealous of her freehanded stage confidence -- and she also had little pamphlet hymnals with the lyrics to certain songs and had the crowd singing along on cue -- was very cool and fun and I dug it!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home