Thursday, August 24, 2006

It List: Wednesday 8/23/06



1. The Party w/ Dj Natutre (Rubber Gloves- Denton): I'm guessing that Nature and Select picked up even more of an audience with the full capacity, out of fucking hand set they played at ZuBar last Friday. Its great to see these guys succeeding in Dallas, and Nature apparently already runs shit in Denton... so you probably shouldn't be the absolute LAST person on earth to see one of his sets. Aren't you supposed to be hip or something?

2. Birdmonster/Division Day/ Tame... Tame and Quiet (Doublewide): I don't think I get what all the blogfuss over Birdmonster is all about. I've heard that they are a pretty solid live band, but I can't back that up. All I know is that the songs I've heard from them don't come close to justifying all the hype... they sound like a competent version of most of the poppy post punk revivial stuff that we've all been hearing for the past four years. Nothing bad really, but surely nothing amazing either. Division Day could probably be put in just about the same category, except they seem to lean a bit more towards Shinsy psychedelic pop, and are a bit more interesting. I do like Ft. Worth's Tame Tame and Quiet quite a bit, so I would recommend going early to check them out. The show is probably only like five bucks anyway, so what the hell?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, birdmonster seems kinda silly to me. I like their energy though and that Janine song isn't bad. Division Day? I don't get it. Seems like another "latch on" to a buzzing band

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nature and select are the shit, fo sho. i heard that sober is also spinning with them tonight as well. rgrs has $2.00 you-call-it drinks all night.
get on the bus...

4:34 PM  
Blogger Dirty Cha Cha said...

Yes..$5.

I'm very excited to see Tame, Tame and Quiet for the first time.

And Birdmonster does put on a good live show.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Records, DJ Nature, Lost Generation, rinse wash and repeat.
every week.

4:57 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

if you know of anything else to do, please let us know.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I like that there are good things that I can depend on. Clubs around here should think about doing the same thing with a good house band that plays each week. Have them be the house band for a month, then get a new one for the next month. Muddy Waters used to do it and I loved it.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Club Dada does the house band thing - every Thursday night for a month the same band takes the stage. Travis Hopper in June, JD Whittenburg in July, Fishing For Comets in August, David Garza in September.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boobies

11:30 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

well.... I guess we've got a post of the day for right now.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

My sentiments exactly. Who really cares to see Fishing for Comets 4 weeks in a row? I know I'd definately be more interested in seeing something that makes me wonder what the heck it was. Not something that sounds like the same old same old.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home