Monday, April 02, 2007

Last Week's Good Records Sales Chart

1. Voot Cha Index - The Talking House/Cradle 7"
2. Dr. Dog - We All Belong
3. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
4. Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
5. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
6. Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
7. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Ever Sank
8. Shins - Wincing the Night Away
9. Do Make Say Think - You, You're a History in Rust
10. LCD Soudsystem - Sound of Silver
11. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
12. Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
13. Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere
14. Menomena - Friend and Foe
15. Field Music - Tones of Town
16. Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
17. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Broom
18. The Blow - Paper Television
19. Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir
20. Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Living with the Living

The new Dr. Dog is a bit disappointing for me. And the new Modest Mouse? Laughable... is it just me, or is that first single almost completely unlistenable? It honestly makes the new Shins album sound like Pet Sounds in comparison.

And what about Klaxons? Better than you wanted them to be? Yep. And Field Music? Most boring band since the last time I said a band was the most boring band since some other band? Right again.

The Blow has managed to grow on me, however, and I always give Ted Leo a chance, don't you?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That new Explosions in the Sky album is really good, can't wait to see it live.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonight @ RGRS:

Mon Apr 2 (Doors open at 9pm; $5)

Until They Arrive
Bang! Bang!
Laura Palmer
The Tah Dahs

RGRS
411 East Sycamore
Denton, TX 76205
(940) 387-7781
www.rubberglovesdentontx.com
www.myspace.com/rgrs

4:17 PM  
Blogger Hot For Discourse said...

I don't know. I think as Modest Mouse progresses, they get more concise. Moon and Antarctica was their big statement and with each subsequent album(all two of them) they cut the fat and continue to make great pop songs with real heart and equal eccentricity. What they used to do in 8 minutes they do in 4 and with more hooks and less bullshit. The negative side is?

4:31 PM  
Blogger amandacobra said...

field music actually make me angry with how boring they are. i can't listen to them without getting mad because they are so dull.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted Leo?? Why would you give him a chance? awful... I LOVE the new Dr. Dog btw. What are you talking about? 'Wrost Trip' Hell ya!!!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im surprised that hog pig aint on that list

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Most boring band since the last time I said a band was the most boring band since some other band?"

is this supposed to be writing?

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a few good songs on the dr dog album. I still keep meaning to back to it, but haven't yet. Worst trip and Girl are the highlights for me.

I am fuccon sick of PB and J, or at least young folks. At sxsw I couldn't go anywhere without some asshole whistling that.

8:18 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

735: No... its supposed to be amazing writing. But thanks for asking.

And 818, I know what you mean. It seems like everyone I knew or met at Sxsw was into that song more than anything except coke. Its a cool song, but lets take it easy about it.

9:01 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

It's not on the list, but I tripping over myself over the new album from The Field. Not Field Music(yes...booorrring), but The Field. It may not be for a lot folks on here, but if you dig old Seefeel and The Slowdive 5ep then you have been waiting for this record to come out. I'm curious to see if any record store in town even carries it. I have the previous 12 inches and the album really lives up to the hype.

For once Pitchfork really nailed it on this one.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hogpig isn't on this list because Sam didn't make it up.

I heard he was pregnant. A little Sam piglet on the way.

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new Dr. Dog is a grower. I didn't like it at first either. It came on while I was doing dishes or something and I said "hey play that again."
There's more subtlety in it and, for me, that bears a longer place in my cd changer. Like the PB&J album (which I literally threw out after 1 DAY!!!) when an album is too sugary, it gets sickening after a short time. Dr. Dog are a little better and smarter than they let on at first.
Of Montreal's "Hissing..." is going to be in my rotation for probably years.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home