Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It List: Wednesday 7/11/07- DOMINO




Seth Sherman/Dana Falconberry/Chris Welch (Secret Headquarters): Former Early Lines member Seth Sherman brings a pretty effective brand of folk to SHQ tonight, with excellent intricate guitar playing, an interesting voice, and no sign of that annoying sensitivity disease that seems to afflict most local singer-songwriters who perform in a similar style. And although it's not exactly something I would jam out to in the car, Dana Falconberry's music is also quite good for many of the same reasons. I caught a performance of her's at SHQ a while back and enjoyed it quite a bit. Very instense yet soothing in some strange way. A noticeable talent. Have I mentioned that show before? I can't remember. Chris Welch is a member of Denton's Pinebox Serenade.


The Veils/Odis/Rober Gomez (Club Dada): The Veils are fronted by Finn Andrews, son of XTC's Barry Andrews. His band sort of reminds me of a mixture of Wolf Parade and the Bad Seeds, with a bit of a U2 thing happening... and that's pretty good I suppose. I'm sure some people will hate it, but what can you do?


8 Comments:

Blogger schmancy said...

this veils show should be a real good one. starts early with robert going on at 9p. GIT HERE!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Jasun said...

robert gomezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Veils were excellent.
The first half of their show did seem better to me though. Also, their piano player had apparently just quit. I think the singer was sick too. It was good anyway.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana has a beautiful sound. I am sad I missed this show.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love her dress

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana has a beautiful ... lots of things it seems

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home