Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It List: Tuesday 5/9/06




1. Sunburned Hand of the Man/ Mazinga Phaser II/ Unconscious Collective (Rubber Gloves): Ahh, here is a good line up. SHOM is one of my favorite bands that I really don't listen to that much. Yes, its stupid but true. I really dig what they do... and I can't even really describle it for you other than to say psych/noise/ avant garde/free form, but they really really push the limits of what a touring "rock" band could possibly be. And although I haven't seen them, I hear the live show can be quite good. Two other groups doing interesting things from DFW will also be representing. Be there early for Unconscious' free jazz freak out.

And I hear there might be some STRANGE people at the Observer awards tonight.... and I'm not talking about any of the totally extreme freaky rock n rollers bro.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell yes. i'm there (unless ed makes me practice tonight). edd.....?

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad mazinga is on the bill.. otherwise it rules!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah- we can cancel practice for this'n. I forgot it was tonight. Been looking forward to this show fer awhile..

5:10 PM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

It's been on the minds of many: I'm curious how this blog will be represented at the awards. I won't be able to come out due to various factors (one of them involves early morning traffic reporting), so let the rumors swirl!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't say gay hip-hop is my favorite genre of music, but houston bernard rips it up. i'd rather have a huge, pumped-up man in a thong spray whipped cream in my face than see black tie dynasty, or most any band in this area. you all missed out.

the a-train

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

huh?

5:46 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

thanks aziz. I have something special just for you.

7:23 PM  
Blogger complete tool said...

blix, isn't paul doing projections for you guys tonight?

7:27 PM  
Blogger complete tool said...

also, what else do I need to know about these lost generation shows?

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"THE INNOCENT WILL SUFFER BIG TIME TONIGHT"

...haha, aquateen

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a-train,

sounds like a bachelorette party to me
...if he was smart he'd have switched to fake blood and trash-bags a long time ago.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home