Monday, October 02, 2006

Last Week's Good Records Sales Chart

1. The Polyphonic Spree - Wait
2. Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly of a Mountain
3. My Morning Jacket - Okonos
4. Red Monroe - Red Monroe
5. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - The Letting Go
6. Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning
7. Darkel - Darkel
8. The Album Leaf - Into The Blue Again
9. Mars Volta - Amputechture
10. The Evangelicals - So Gone
11. Ratatat - Classics
12. My Brightest Diamond - Bring Me The Workhorse
13. Cat Power - The Greatest
14. Junior Boys - So This is Goodbye
15. Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
16. OOIOO - Taiga
17. Yo La Tengo - I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass
18. The Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams
19. Wovenhand - Mosaic
20. Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Monroe? I'll pass.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, anybody seen samuel's pathetic resusitation attempt's to reenter the marketplace? he, those toad's at fartline, and grimy should all dry up and blow away..........

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACL got people stoked about Ghostland Observatory.. should be a good show Saturday at Dada. Yea.. even though its at Dada.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Observeland Ghostatory

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever, "anonymous"---you're probably just sore cuz you're the same tool who said "Red Monroe is only on the list cuz they had their in-store performance at Good Records." what has it been....6 weeks since they released it?? Two months?? And they're still in the top ten? Tool. Have you even heard the CD, or are you just being Johnny Douchebag negative indie guy because you didn't discover them? TOOL. Anyway, is Ghostland Observatory good? Who's seen them?

2:48 PM  
Blogger zak said...

Ghostland is most certainly worth the price of admission and more. Great live show and really cool tunes.

3:40 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

For me the jury is still out on Ghostland... I wasn't too impressed with the recorded material I heard, but I keep hearing so many good things about them that I might check them out.

And to be honest, I didn't care for much of the early Red Monroe stuff I heard, but I think their more recent output has been really solid, hence their appearance on Projection. You should check out the new e.p. I can see why their popularity makes people skeptical, considering that almost all of the popular bands in Dallas proper are total crap, but to me, Red Monroe is a pleasant exception to the rule.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SR - I agree on both Ghostland and Red Monroe. Early stuff of both... not sold.. recently, they are impressing me. And the RM ep is really pretty good. which is impressive considering Dallas is a cultural ghostbar wasteland from fucking hell.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home