Monday, March 12, 2007

Last Week's Good Records Sales Chart


1. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2. Raleigh - The House on Seedling Lane
3. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible Limited Ed
4. Air - Pocket Symphony
5. Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
6. !!! - Myth Takes
7. Bright Eyes - Four Winds EP
8. Menomena - Friend and Foe
9. Dr. Dog - We All Belong
10. The Polyphonic Spree - Wait
11. Eluvium - Copia
12. Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City
13. Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
14. Elvis Perkins - Ash Wednesday
15. Postmarks - Postmarks
16. RJD2 - The Third Hand
17. Son Volt - The Search
18. Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere
19. Big Business - Here Come the Waterworks
20. M. Ward - To Go Home

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i noticed everyone always skips this bit.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like you?
what's to say?

8:13 PM  
Blogger zak said...

I assume it is because everyone is too cool to acknowledge these records.

9:44 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

Well I guess it makes me a bad blogger, but I honestly haven't heard a lot of the newer records on that list. I still haven't really listened to that Arcade Fire album (although I do want to hear it at some point) and I haven't heard that new Bloc Party album (and I really don't have any interest in hearing it).

As far as other Pitchfork approved albums, I should say that I've really been digging on Gui Boratto's Chromophobia, and that Menomena is pretty good too.

1:37 AM  
Blogger zak said...

I actually haven't heard much of that list either. I have listened to Arcade Fire some, it's alright. Menomena is good too and from what I have heard of !!! I like too. Peter Bjorn and John has some good songs on it. That's it for that list.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the new arcade fire is really really good (nice throw back to john kennedy o'tooles first book he wrote when he was 15). The album has that same fire ( no pun intended), but with less intensity-and it's a good thing! if they'd stayed serious, it probably would've been too much.

that new air is fantabulous and the jarvis cocker track alone makes up for his shitty solo album that came out in the last six months. don't forget the track with neil hannon of divine comedy: LOVELY!

I have to say, I'd really like to own a bloc party cd one day, but everytime I put it on, I expect too much out of it. It doesn't keep my ears from tweaking everytime somebody _else_ puts it on tho.

aaaannnddd, I would love to hear what !!! are up to, considering I have'nt listened to them in five years.

share.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and ps, the menomena record is worth ten bucks just for the cover art alone!

nancy

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know who Raleigh is?

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home