Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It List: Tuesday 8/28/07


Flosstradamus/Kid Sister/Sober/Select (Suite): Flosstradamus has gained a lot of name recognition through their Sigur Ros/Twista mashup and more recently, a hyped video featuring a remix for DIY circuit champions, Matt And Kim, as well as being listed in URB's "Next 1000" and countless other articles. Kid Sister (technically the older sister of one half of Flosstradamus, J2K) might be the surprise show stealer with a very energetic style and the expert beat-making abilities of her brother as well as Kanye West's DJ and honorary Invisibl Skratch Piklz member, A-Trak. The track "Telephone" on her page has some lines worthy of B-Rock And The Biz. Sober and Select open at this controversial Uptown locale.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant believe we are talking about a show at "Club Suite" shoot me now

4:50 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

I'd like to hear what the place is like because I've never been there. And if the music is good, who cares where it is?

4:53 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

I should say "if the music and the sound is good."

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. WSJR Awards results now. Thanks.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually agree with you SD, but you sound like someone that has never been to Suite. That place is pretty much the epitome of what sucks about Dallas. If you wanted torture a bunch of Denton you could lock them in that club. I bet their heads would explode from the extreme yuppie gaudiness.

4:59 PM  
Blogger amandacobra said...

Seriously, that lady has smoked since she was 7!

100 years old today.

She has been smoking since 1914. I'm absolutely not pro-smoking but I am totally pro-her.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes the best shows are in yuppy clubs. doubledecker the toilet and FUCK SHIT UP.



Denton.

5:02 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

apparently she started smoking a couple weeks after Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew Archduke Ferdinand. He was a friend of mine. You, sir... Are no Archduke Ferdinand. Awards results. Thanks. You can crash at my house.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Hot For Discourse said...

Diplo and Switch are spinning at Suite on September 13, so it can't be that bad, right?

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flosstradamus + scion = mix cd

bullshit... whats happenin' at J&Js?

i'ma hungy fah pizzah mang...

6:59 PM  
Blogger KeithP said...

I hate this club but I really enjoy floss so I won't be missing it.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I hope me voting for Dutch Treats 3 or 4 times helps makes them "best local band".

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i considered "stuffing the e-ballot" but that's dumb, also each vote probs has an IP on it?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I know this comment is late, but my friends and I couldn't even get in to this yuppy craphole. We just weren't cool enough to get on the list, I guess.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home