Monday, November 23, 2009

It List: Monday


I don't feel like being very helpful today. I'm just going to run through this quickly...

Local H is playing at The Lounge tonight. I once worked at a record store where they performed, and it was one of the worst days as a retail employee I have ever suffered through, besides the time an old rich guy crumpled up his Christmas list and threw it at my head.

Anyways, this band is so bad that they actually made me sympathize with Eddie Vedder when they seemed to take a subtle stab at him on the track bearing the singer's name. I seem to remember some footage of them stumbling through a heavily distorted version of "Strawberry Fields Forever" as a duo at some festival that they were recapping on MTV News. That clinched it for me then, and still does: the 90's sucked.

Cool Out (The Cavern)

Mayhem Mondays (Fallout Lounge)

Neko Case/Oh No Oh My (The Granada): There is this interview with Frank Black where they ask him what he thinks of Neko Case. His response: "What's a Neko Case?" I couldn't find the original interview, however I did find this awesome Time Magazine cover. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home