Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It List: Wednesday


Video Rehab - Night Flight / I Want my MTV Night (Tradewinds Social Club)

A 5 hour block of vintage 80's cable TV. If you are too young to remember Night Flight it was a late night cable TV show that featured wicked music documentaries along with cutting edge and counter culture shorts. Ever seen the clip with Ronald and Nancy Reagan discussing their love for drugs? That was Night Flight. I don't know how the crew culminated all this "cream of the crop" videos but it's definitely something you won't see too often. I wish my mom wouldn't have thrown away all my 120 minutes recordings (I had about 40 tapes full) or I would throw my own party.

Lazy Magnet | Form a Log | Weak Sisters | Mindhunter | Corporate Park | Filth (Majestic Dwelling of Doom)

Another off site House of Tinnitus fling featuring the harsh sounds you have come to expect from Rob & Co's booking preferences. Show starts at nine be sure to get there on time so you can check out the aforementioned Rob in his new solo project Filth.

Tusk | Drug Mountain | To Bell the Cat (1919 Hemphill)

Tusk is visiting us all the way from California and seem to be a perfect companion piece to Drug Mountain. Tusk have a jazzier feel to them, not quite as harsh as Drug Mountain but hey what is?

Cola-Cola
| Kampfgrounds | Stew! (Boiler Room)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home