Monday, May 22, 2006

Frequency Ain't Down

Yes its true, Frank Hejl was fired from KNTU, and his show was cancelled. Apparently this is all the result of him playing a song with the word "fuck" in it. Goddamn Communist. Anyway, its really too bad, as Frank's shows was one of the better (and lets face it, one of the only) places to hear to decent music on the radio in north Texas. But Frank sure seems like a showman, so we're sure we'll see him out and about in some other capacity very soon. Here is his Myspace post on the subject:


Unfortunately, it's true...as of today Frequency Down has been cancelled by KNTU and I have been fired.Their reason was that I aired a song that said "fuck" in it and I signed a station policy paper against "indecency".I can't say I didn't see this coming. It always seemed like I had to look over my back in fear that we would get cancelled, only this time it actually happened.I did cause quite a fuss at first but realized that I should leave on good terms with the station so I calmed down and made sure to leave without burning any bridges.I REALLY want to thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON who supported the show.It's been a great (almost) 3 years.I'll keep you posted on any upcoming projects (like the live shows I'm working on with Rubber Gloves).Thanks for all the love and memoriesI enjoyed EVERY SECOND of it.Thanks

-Frank Hejl-



And on a brighter note, UTD's online radio station is back up and running as of today, so you can tune in to that by going to radio.utdallas.edu between 2-10pm Monday thru Friday. And they don't just play "college rock" and Modest Mouse and shit on there either. I promise that even the all knowing comment posters on this site can tune in to Radio UTD and hear some shit they haven't heard before.

And we've got some REALLY cool shit coming up on the blog this week too, so stay tuned peeps.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Sad to hear about Frequency Down. Frank was a good supporter of local stuff but it sounds like he's gonna keep on keepin' on in other realms so I wish him the best of luck and think he has the right attitude. Best to ya Frank!
The Shapes appreciated your support and dedication to local music.

4:08 PM  
Blogger FrequencyDown said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, you haven't heard the last from me

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a bummer...

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FRANKQUENCY DOWN:
coming soon to a dial near you!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home