Friday, August 04, 2006

Some Extras

I've got time to post three shows to supplement the list tonight:

Sorry, the Current Leaves show at SHQ is tomorrow night. We'll be sure to add it on the list tomorrow for all you "special" people.

Current Leaves/ Chris Garver (SHQ Denton): Show starts at 8pm. I've never seen them live, and I haven't heard any new material, but I really think Current Leaves is one of the best bands in the area right now. This will also be a great night to see them play since they'll be playing at SHQ with Chris Garver, another WSJR favorite. This show will give you a good look at some of the better talent in Denton right now. Secret Headquarters is located at the old art prostitute space in Denton. Click above for better directions.

Eat Avery's Bones is at J&Js but I haven't had time to look up who they are playing with. I'd get there at 9 if I was you.

Also, the excellent Night Game Cult will be playing at Karma for an art opening. Unfortunately, I don't have any other information on the aritsts.

Thats it.

And I apologize if you've sent me an email that I haven't returned (there are over 100 in my inbox). But I will start getting to all of them this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Current Leaves/Chris Garver is Saturday night, as are all SHQ shows.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! The Leaves/Garver Show is on Saturday! Sorry, WSJR crew if I didn't clarify that shit. I'm so used to my 8 friends knowing that we only do shows on Saturday that I forgot to mention it in my threadjack. Sorry for the confusion!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! The Leaves/Garver Show is on Saturday! Sorry, WSJR crew if I didn't clarify that shit. I'm so used to my 8 friends knowing that we only do shows on Saturday that I forgot to mention it in my threadjack. Sorry for the confusion!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but go see Eat Avery's Bones at J&Js! their performance at Strategies had me grinning ear to ear -- and to boot they are some of the kindest folk in the whole wide universe

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all due respect, I expect more from the Ranger than a statement like this

"I've never seen them live, and I haven't heard any new material, but I really think Current Leaves is one of the best bands in the area right now."

Do you hear what you are saying? We trust you, but come on!
If Sam M. had said that?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and over at the metrognome collective this evening:

bob white and the f-electrics
kiss, kiss
caleb engstrom

10pm byob
$5.00

and bob white has some new songs up on the myspace, iffin' ya wanted to check em out.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can hear new material from the upcoming CL album on their myspace

When SR hears 'em I seriously doubt his position on how damn fucking good Current Leaves is will change

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also at J&J's Pizza with Eat Avery's Bones are Teenage Symphony, Nouns Group, and Pretty Thigh. T.S. goes first. FREE!

7:01 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

well, all i can judge them on is the first record (which i reviewed a couple weeks ago and have heard many many times) and the stuff I've heard on their myspace. And yes, compared to most Dallas bands, I think the material that I've heard is good enough to justify the distinction without having seen them live.

7:30 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

and when I say "new material," I mean the new record that they haven't released yet.

I guess that did sound pretty bad the way I wrote it.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could you let the masses know that its tommorow night?

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow at the Scrote will be fun and me (aaron) and Chris are gonna do some duets or some such cuz we think each other sucks just enough to sink down to each other's level and not intimidate ourselves. But not as much anonymous and Sam M.! :D
8===D

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cafe wha? ;)

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick 5 for $5.95!

2 patty melts,
2 curly fries,
1 dr pepper please!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm bored.
none of these shows look good.
anything else?

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can cry about sleater-kinney faker

10:51 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

boo yeah!

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The prids were great last night.

Tonight at Dan's Silverleaf
Record Hop
White Drugs
The Backsliders

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT
Stonedranger was right - Current Leaves are really good. I saw them tonight on behest of this blog and have to thank you! I bought a CD and listened to it on the way home to D and man if it didn't set the right mood for the new lonesome!!!

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home