Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It List: Wednesday 9/13/06




Hey, did you hear that Sufjan Stevens (link) is playing tonight? And did you hear that it is sold out, so it is probably pointless for me to even mention it unless you are willing to go down to Lakewood Theater and hustle for a ticket that you will probably have to pay at least $50 to get your hands on? Ok. I'm not really a big fan anyway, but I know a lot of you are, so I'll tell you that My Brightest Diamond is opening, and that her slightly dark orchestral pop seems solid if fairly run of the mill. But not bad. Will probably be pretty powerful live.

For those that won't be doing that tonight, I would recommend:

Current Leaves/ Backsliders (Dada): You know the deal. Current Leaves seem to be earning praise from just about everyone in town lately, and their residency is probably a big part of that. People have been loving the shit out of their live shows, and I bet you will too.

or

The Party w/ Dj Nature @ Rubber Gloves. If you're going to be dumb enough to miss the party at zubar on Friday, I would go to this if I were you. Thank god I'm not.

And I almost forgot, you can check the Flashlight Party at Hailey's as well, playing punk, new wave, italo, disco, post punk, funk and whatever else. Bouncing from Haileys to Rubber Gloves is a good way to spend a Wednesday night.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah. Just stay at Rubber Gloves.

5:03 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

but wait a minute, there has to be a catch! How can you make THAT much money just by having like a ton of fun?!?

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sign me up, 3:24!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sign me up, 3:32!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for different ways to earn money... I did find this though... a place where you can make some nice extra cash selling crack cocaine. I made over $900 last month having fun!make extra money

6:35 PM  
Blogger complete tool said...

SPAMBOT 3000! I INVENTED YOU! REMEMBER ME, ITS PAPA!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who the hell looks on a blog for ways to make money???

if you're gonna try to make it sound like you "just sorta happened to be in the area" at least have it make sense.

7:37 PM  
Blogger fuzzbuzz said...

Even spambots are anonymous!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sufjan bores the shit out of me!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sufjan Stevens show @ Lakewood last night was awesome. Fantastic show.

8:55 AM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

thanks.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9:45 arrival it is.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my brightest diamond was just embarrassing. awful. stick to singing backup and playing piano. no more touchy guitar.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just like witches at black masses... oh lord yeah!!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your a male and you went to sufjan, you should be whipped.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And p.s. - it's "you're". Learn to spell. Thanks.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1:08 is what we in academia call a "prescriptive linguist"

look it up!

3:39 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

oh no you didn't!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to defend Sufjan without sounding like an AppleJacks commercial.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the midwest is full of rubes too. back at ya, LA & NY...

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home