Monday, April 10, 2006

It List: Monday 4/10/06

Monday Monday. I love monday! Is there anything better than getting back to work? Hell no! I love feeling productive, and knowing that I am really earning my keep in this world. It feels great....


As usual, DJ CEE PEE will be upstairs at the Cavern for Good Records Good Mornings. They will be having a listening party for the new Built to Spill album "You in Reverse," which comes out tomorrow. Pitchfork gave it a soso 6.8, and based on listening to the album twice, I would have to pretty much agree. Its pretty good, but not great. Anyway, go to the Cavern tonight to listen for yourself, because I'm sure that all of you people who are the kind of people that would go to a Built to Spill listening party are NOT the kind of people that have already downloaded it off Soulseek or something.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd tell you what
I just heard from Cha Cha,
she of the booking of the shows...

The Double Wide
has closed down.

What. The. Fuck?

I know this is true, because I was supposed to play there on Saturday, and now I'm not, so...

5:26 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

what the

5:42 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO clue. Seriously, I think it JUST happened. And the Weeds need a venue for Saturday Night to host the most awesome chicago one-man-band, Phillip Roebuck, and a great band called 100 Damn Guns...

ARG. Wish I knew more, but I'm sure we will soon...

5:44 PM  
Blogger Andrea Grimes said...

noooooooo not the doublewide!

Somebody keep me updated?

-wee demon

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.dallasobserver.com/blogs/?p=322#more-322

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home