Monday, September 04, 2006

It List: Labor Day 9/4/06


1. Record Hop/Tha Bracelets/Mescalero/Sleezus Fist and the Latter Day Taints/Sunday Drive (Rubber Gloves)

I'm going to be brief since I've already had to work on Labor Day. Record Hop is playing a free show at Rubber Gloves tonight as part of "Free Week". This is an excellent opportunity to catch one of the area's best straight ahead rock bands and one of my favorite lead vocalists. I've heard that Tha Bracelets are a good poppy live act and they seem okay but I have not heard them enough to form an opinion. Please let us know what you think. I know you can be really shy about that. All I can tell you about the other bands is that they make this one of the strangest lineups I've seen for a local show in recent memory.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the order of the bands...
Show starts at 10 sharp, with 15 minute change overs...

1.Tha Bracelets
2.Record Hop
3.Mescalero
4.Sunday Drive
5.Sleezus Fist and the Latter Day Taints

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bracelets actually mentioned cupcakes in a song. That's too much. Record Hop played for maybe... 15 minutes? It was cool, just balls out. Sunday Drive, I spent most of it at the bar. The stoner rock band, Mescalero, chased me home after that.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stoner rock is soooo boring ... unless yr the Melvins or High on Fire or something

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome set by Record Hop!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, they were totally stoner rock! I thought they were alright, but it was preeeeeetty fu manchu kind of california boogie stoner stuff. It's no insult. Maybe I shouldn't really have said "chased me home". ;)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home