Monday, March 19, 2007

Last Week's Good Records and Other Music Sales Charts



GOOD RECORDS

1. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
2. Menomena - Friend or Foe
3. Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
4. Air - Pocket Symphony
5. Peter Bjorn & John - Writer's Block
6. Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity
7. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible Limited
8. Lily Allen - Alright, Still
9. Deerhunter - Cryptograms
10. !!! - Myth Takes
11. Bright Eyes - Four Winds EP
12. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder
13. Eluvium - Copia
14. Neil Young - Live at Massey Hall
15. Noah Georgeson - Find Shelter
16. Papercuts - Can't Go Back
17. Besnard Lakes - Besnard Lakes are the Dark Horse
18. Apples in Stereo - New Magnetic Wonder
19. Son Volt - The Search
20. Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere

OTHER MUSIC

1.Arcade- Fire Neon Bible
2.Air-Pocket Symphony
3.Peter Bjorn & John- Writer's Block
4.Neil Young- Live at Massey Hall
5.Of Montreal- Hissing Fauna Are You the Destroyer
6.!!!- Myth Takes
7.Deerhoof- Friend Opportunity
8.Amy Winehouse- Back to Black
9.Various Artists Eccentric Soul: Twinight's Lunar Rotation
10.Andrew Bird- Armchair Apocrypha
11.The Good, the Bad & the Queen- s/t
12.Michael Cashmore- Snow Abides
13.Various Artists- Si, Para Usted
14.Bloc Party- A Weekend in the City
15.Nico- Frozen Borderline
16.Panda Bear- Bros
17.Dean & Britta- Back Numbers
18.RJD2- Third Hand
19.Paper Cuts- Can't Go Back
20. Explosions in the Sky- All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
Two albums that I honestly believe have the rare distinction of living up to the hype: Of Montreal's new one and any of the material off of Panda Bear's second full length (which is really a collection of singles released over the past year or so). Anyone that was at SXSW this year (or pretty much any year for that matter) knows that hype is cheap, but both of these albums have been pleasant surprises for me so far this year.

10 Comments:

Blogger zak said...

I agree, I love that Of Montreal. Best thing they have done, well, ever. Which is surprising considering the length of their career. I also think that Panda Bear is worthy of all the praise, looking forward to getting it tomorrow.

I am quite a fan of that Deerhunter too though. Not sure if that was a hyped release, but it seemed p-fork talked about it quite a bit.

2:40 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

well its funny because even though I dig just about everything Deerhunter is influenced by, I just haven't been able to get into that record the way other people have. Maybe I need to listen to it a couple more times.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of montreal is dead to me

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy Whinehouse is dead to me

3:38 PM  
Blogger zak said...

Hot Chip remix of Rehab for Amy Whinehouse is the shit. Everything else I have heard by her, not so much.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the p. bear and a. bird weren't out last week.
somebody in new york is getting their ass chewed for not dropping those sales from the list.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Doctor Jones said...

I would agree that with each release Of Montreal gets better and better.

9:41 AM  
Blogger zak said...

Panda Bear - Bro's is the single, not the full length and has been out for awhile as far as I know. I got it off iTunes in December.... That would explain the Other Music list.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F Of Montreal...Klaxons!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyone listened to "Writers Block" the Peter, Bjorn .. bla bla.. I think it blows ass. discuss

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home