Thursday, November 29, 2007

It List: Thursday

Stereo on Strike Presents Lost Generation (Fallout): I had the chance to check out another Lost Generation a couple weeks ago, and it's clear that Wanz has become a much improved DJ with an impressive collection of new dance records. Too bad no one shows up to this, because honestly, dance nights are a pretty big let down when the crowd consists of three dudes watching Family Guy. The same night I saw Wanz, I was also coerced into stopping by Meridian Room for karaoke, and man am I glad that no one I know goes there on Thursdays anymore. I used to think it was a shitty time even when my friends were singing, but I've rarely in my life encountered as many alternabros as I did the other week at Meridian. Yuck. Have you seen the blazers these shitbags wear?

How Hard/Kaboom/Will Frenkel (Rubber Gloves): I remember seeing Kaboom at SHQ one time and watching lead singer Brad Santulli scare the crap out of way bigger dudes, one of which included a friend of mine who actually ran away from him. Thats pretty cool. I don't know a great deal about headliners How Hard, but they seem to play fairly straight forward hardcore inspired rock that certainly isn't bad in any way.

Treasure Mammal/The Freek Out/Karaoke (Radio UTD event at UTD campus): This thing is free and I'm almost positive that it starts at 8pm. Phoenix's Treasure Mammal is a fairly entertaining lo fi synth pop outfit that seem to fall somewhere between Mahjongg and Chromeo with a goofy emphasis on slop and songs that aren't as fully realized as those from the aforementioned groups. Probably a fun live show.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Black angels, TOMORROW! holerrrrr

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd really like to see a chill electronic night. I don't want to dance when I'm out. Actually, that could be a good thing for fallout lounge. Emphasis on the "lounge" part.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

THIRD COMMENT!
WOOZAT!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.

This'll probably be the last time to see How Hard in a long time. They're moving far far away on Saturday

7:14 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

How...Far?

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emil from the Angelus
and Curtis from the Theater Fire are playing a show together in Fort Worth on Saturday.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Florene plays at House of Dang tonight.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanz plays way to loud for that small place.Then again so does most everyone who dj's there.Oh & techno is dullsville

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lars Larsen said...

Treasure Mammal fucking rules. We played with him in Phoenix once.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home