Monday, May 11, 2009

It List: Monday

I'm not going to waste too much time telling you about my incredible weekend,* other than to say that I really enjoyed the experience of visiting Public Trust, Road Agent, and the last official And/Or show, all in a 24 hour period. Chad Hopper's video work came as a nice surprise, and I always love it when artists have CD's, DVD's etc. for sale when you just can't justify splurging to the tune of 800 bucks and up for a piece. Though you should, if you can. Speaking of money and art, there is a really insightful interview with Paul Slocum on KERA's Art And Seek Blog.

I was a little stunned today when I heard that Saturday marks the last 715 Panhandle show, which is a shame, but probably necessary and completely understandable. Anyways, onto the completely amazing It List:


My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult/The Razorblade Dolls/Chant (Granada): One of these groups has a Myspace photo album called "Hot Topic Meet & Greet," but I'm not going to tell you which one.

Paul Slavens (Dan's Silverleaf)

Katy Perry/The Daylights (House Of Blues)

Cool Out (The Cavern): Tonight's 2 year anniversary features Brett Johnson.

Sun Club (Hailey's): Featuring DJ's Fur, Teamwork, and Sid Spinoza.




*My weekend was, in fact, not incredible. I actually hate it when reviewers and critics try to act like they had their mind blown, when you can be 99% sure that they had the same typically shitty weekend that you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home