Thursday, October 29, 2009

Art List

Lazy autumn dayz with Richardson Heights.

Quotes by Henri Rousseau (May 21, 1844 – September 2, 1910):

“It is often said that my heart is too open for my own good.”

“When I go out into the countryside and see the sun and the green and everything flowering, I say to myself, 'Yes indeed, all that belongs to me!'”

“We are the two great painters of this era; you are in the Egyptian style, I in the modern style.”
(to Pablo Picasso)

Lots more Rousseau paintings here.

FRIDAY

Body Text = 'gender'
Thomas Feulmer, Bryan Florentin, Morgan Ford, Simeen Ishaque and Christi Nielsen
Visual Arts Building at the University of Texas at Dallas
800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080
October 30 : 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM

Sorry to be even more of a dork, but the flyer for this show claims that the title Body Text = "gender" has something to do with html. Why couldn't someone on this project ask one of the four hundred billion people who write html if that makes any sense? How about:

<body>gender</body>
or
document.body.innerHTML = "gender";

Geez retards, get your act together.

SATURDAY

Break It, Don't Fake It
Harmony Padgett
Molly Murphy
mighty fine arts
419 North Tyler, Dallas, TX 75208
October 31 : 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Image not really courtesy of the Estate of Henri Rousseau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home