Thursday, May 13, 2010

It List: Thursday



Dire Wolf/Damages/High Anxieties/Decades/Humanerror (1919 Hemphill)


Jacuzzi Boys
/Fergus And Geronimo/Fungi Girls (The Cavern):
Can someone send me a rough copy of the Fergus And Geronimo full-length that I've heard has been completed? I really want to hear it. I promise not to play it for anyone, and I won't upload it to some elite message board, honest.

The first time I heard the Jacuzzi Boys, I dismissed them as yet another melodic garage rock band, but the more I've heard them the more I realize they have a certain amount of 60's psych influence, like some forgotten track off of a Collectables Records comp, and they're better than I thought.

Throw in the Fungi Girls, and you have a pretty solid lineup, featuring two of the best local groups I know of writing catchy, memorable rock music, minus all the "ists" and the "isms," as a great man once said.

Naxat/Diamond Age (Tradewinds): Cool lineup with the daringly complex Naxat, as well as the much more mood-based, Diamond Age, who are no less interesting, even with far fewer notes. Of course, anyone playing with Naxat is playing far fewer notes.

ADD:

Don't Look In The Basement featuring "Santa Sangre" and "The Brood" (J&J's Pizza):
Event is free and starts at 8 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home