Thursday, December 07, 2006

It List: Thursday 12/07/06

Thanksgiving/Mt. Eerie (Metrognome Collective-early show@5pm) AND (Rubber Gloves)

If you're a Microphones fan you probably already know about this. I want to point out that Thanksgiving has already changed their name to Adrian Orange w/Child Slave Rebellion. This might have been inspired by Phil Elverum's various name changes. I don't think it was the greatest idea in this case. What I do think is a great idea is to play two of the area's best venues in the same night.

Sean Kirkpatrick/Will E. LeeShibboleth/I Heart Trouble/Astronautalis (Club Dada)

Widely respected keyboardist and his friends play for a good cause tonight at Dada.

DJ G (Hailey's)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may sound strange, but Thomas Dolby was pretty good and BT was pretty bad ass. BT preceded his set with Steve Reich Different Trains while they were setting up. It was a fitting prelude. He was doing a live score to his new DVD "This Binary Universe". Imagine Autechre jamming out with Slowdive in tribute to Eno's ambient albums. I hat BT's other stuff ,but this shit was pretty top notch. I think his normal fans were kind of befuddled because he was not busting out the club hits. None at all.

Go check out the DVD and you will see what I mean.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not hat, but hate BT's other stuff. Really hate that is.

1:20 AM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

sounds interesting. I had planned on mentioning that show, but I just forgot. I'm a big Thomas Dolby fan.

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

obviously

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is BT

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Different Trains is a great album. I'm not a fan of BT in general, but I wish I would have seen this.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is BT

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was Mt Eerie?

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mt. Eerie was fantastic. As always, Phil Elvrum really pulled it off...the crowd, though, was really awkward.

Yeah. To say the least. Man I can't believe we wasted so many free requests on some not-his-best songs. Although as far as Phil goes, not-his-best could be better than the very best someone else would have.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home