Sunday, August 06, 2006

It List: Sunday 8/6/06

1. Blonde Girls/Eat Avery's Bones/Attractive and Popular (1919 Hemphill)


This is the only show I could find tonight and that's okay because with this lineup you don't really need to go to any other shows. Blonde Girls play really intense songs that mix prog/fusion complexity with the forcefulness of noise punk. They blow almost every band I've seen them with off the stage and they do it while just kind of shrugging and without a shred of pretentiousness. If you can track down their debut seven inch, "Husky Deluxe", I highly recommend it. I think one side of that seven inch is better than all of the local releases I've heard in 2006, critically acclaimed or otherwise. But that's just me. I've seen Eat Avery's Bones quite a few times now and it's been different every time but always really fun. Attractive and Popular bring their dance rock all the way from Arkansas to Texas so often, you'd think they were from Denton. Go see them at 1919 and witness them live up to their name.

2. DJ Wild in the Streets (Hailey's)

If you just want to hang out and not see bands play this is probably the best place to do it tonight. The DJ with the mouthful of a name gives you an earful tonight at Hailey's. Maybe she'll play "My Little Red Book".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright, alright, alright........

let's talk about sex, baby... let's talk about....uh..no, let's don't and say we did.

is the chicken really in the house of the rising sun???

TGTTM tonight: the triumphant return of GIBBONS!!!!!!!!! apparently C. riley will be making an appearance as well...

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you all probably already know, The Undoing of David Wright are going in to record our 2nd album in a week with John Congleton.

Well, that's the good news.

The bad news is I had a $200 octave pedal stolen at Chief Death Rage's last show in Dallas (see why I don't like to play Dallas?!).

Does anyone in the D/FW area have an octave pedal I could borrow for a week of recording?

Let me know as soon as possible.

Love,
The A-Train

P.S. Blonde Girls, Attractive and Popular and Chief Death Rage at the 8th Continent in Denton tomorrow.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a old Arion octave pedal I never use anymore. If you want it, you can have it. It certainly isn't a 200 dollar pedal, so it might not do everything you need, but hit me up. letdowntourist@yahoo.com

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sebastian, do you happen to write for Ziggy?

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home