Thursday, September 07, 2006

It List: Thursday 9/7/06



Nice Factory Records style poster to the left. Dig it. And I don't have a lot of time today, but its cool because you probably already know a little bit about most of the stuff going on tonight. Check it:

Shiny Around the Edges/Sarah Reddington/ Man Factory/ Current Leaves and don't foget the Wonderful Frank Hejl(Rubber Gloves- FREE): Another great line up at Rubber Gloves tonight. Apparently, the super cute Joanna Newsom showed up at the Smog show last night at Rubber Gloves (bonus!) and tonight's line up will provide a great look at some of the better bands in Denton right now, with the exception of Man Factory, who I just can't get down with. This will be a good show to check out if you happen to be one of the many new readers that we have picked up over the past couple of weeks, and are interested in seeing some of the bands we like. I guess the anon army will probably want to stay home, but I'm starting to think that everything they hate is actually good, so normal people might want to give this show a shot. Show up early, because Rubber Gloves has been filling up fast all week.

Zoo (Cavern upstairs): One of the hidden gems of the Dallas scene right now. Videos in a bar really doesn't sound like a good idea until you go to a Zoo night and realize how fucking eclectic and interesting their tastes are. There is something for everyone, and almost all of it is really cool both musically and visually. They'll also be giving away Flaming Lips and Massive Attack concert tickets tonight too if you're interested.

Dj G is doing his 80's dance night at Haileys, and

as always, Slip Inn will be in full effect for hip hop night.

Check back with us tonight for a good local MP3 and other posts too.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get with shiny around the edges and current leaves, even if it is all just a little self-righteous and "serious", but Sarah Reddington is a trainwreck. Lackluster. Uncomfortable to behold at times.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANGSTER POP. Its the new noise I promise.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2:41
seriously.
who goes to shows to have fun anymore?
let alone make music to have fun.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Man Factory is a fun band with nice people. Plus, the girl is cute. I vote the chick from Man Factory should start a band where she makes out with the chick from Eat Avery's Bones.






You know, honestly, I write a lot of these anon posts just to be crude and comedic and I know that people get upset, but the smart ones know it's just goofing... And I felt bad when I wrote that one up there about the two girls...
But the more I think about it... I'm serious. I wanna see those two chicks make out.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Shiny Around the Edges a christian group?

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Sarah Reddington is very very good -- one of the best -- the last time they played Rubber Gloves I almost had a grinner's heartattack

(also props to mixmaster JC for best drum/bass sound ive ever heard ala Sarah Reddington)

I read somewhere that Shiny Around the Edges was a human experience band... I may be mistaken

6:24 PM  
Blogger FrequencyDown said...

No love for me? Why was I left off of that list performing tonight at Rubber Gloves?

6:31 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

my bad. I knew your were performing but I just forgot. I'll fix it....

6:37 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

see... made you a link and everything!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 2:31, I can get behind you.

8:56 PM  
Blogger complete tool said...

http://www.lotsofjokes.com/cat_21.htm

THANKS!

Gaan fok jouself

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I just realized on the factory poster it says 21&up-free. 18&up-$5.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lakeki li a hadagdegan, zonah

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2:41 and 2:49 are jerks. i like man factory.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man Factory should stick to half-ass joke shows with other half-ass joke bands. Your girlfriends have so many fans... I mean friends.

6:29 AM  
Blogger FrequencyDown said...

haha, thanks stonedranger.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I vote the chick from Man Factory should start a band where she makes out with the chick from Eat Avery's Bones."

I wish I knew more ways to say "thank you"!!!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha more like j-emo

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry 2:53, i've taken time away from you pukes...
never thought i'd see jamo so pissed. well, alright then, i guess i did sorta plan it that way. shiny happy people just cannot resist the impulse. unless, of course, your name is ben dover...

seriously though, looks like attendance is waning, strangeranger...

1:32 PM  
Blogger stonedranger said...

attendance for what?

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently Florida Marlins' games...

"Announced attendance was 12,561, but the actual crowd was perhaps half that. The surprising Marlins are last in the major leagues in attendance even though they are three games behind San Diego in the NL wild-card standings."

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home