Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It List: Tuesday

Wow. Hell of a Mavericks game last night, and even though I could easily go into why the series should be tied 2-2 and how we should be super excited about it and are instead just watching a team prolong the inevitable.... I won't. I'll just say excellent game overall, great performance from Dirk, oh... and to quote some anonymous commentator of the DMN Mavs Blog, "fuck KMART and his busted ass Momma." Let's add his dumb ass tattoo to the mix too, shall we? Shows (and more on our calendar):

Disqo Disco (Fallout Lounge)

90's Night with Yeahdef and Ian Bangs (Hailey's)

Elvis Perkins in Dearland (Good Records): This free in-store begins at 730 PM. Elvis Perkins might have one of the saddest personal stories I've ever heard, considering that his mother died in September 11th and his father, actor Anthony Perkins, died of AIDS. That's about as brutal as it gets. Perkins' music consists of standard issue "folk rock" for the most part, but it's pretty well done for what it is, even though much of it ventures a tad too close to the NPR Dad Rock side of the spectrum. I'm not a dad, but sometimes I do like to chill out in sweatpants or whatever in my living room and listen to music, and if I didn't own any Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, Neil Young or Crosby Stills and Nash records, then I might think about listening to this. Well actually, that's probably not true because I'd rather listen to similar, superior contemporaries such as Wooden Wand and Skygreen Leopards, but I was just trying to say that it really isn't too bad, and the band will be giving away tickets to their not free show at House Of Blues later this evening as well. And oh yeah, I don't own fucking sweatpants, either, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home