Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It List: Tuesday

Later on today Twin Cheeks will be dropping Not New Music Tuesday and I will be posting my first local record review. Which one of you lucky souls might it be? Find out later.

ADD: Evan Dando (Prophet Bar): My favorite thing about The Lemonheads is probably the fact that 1992's It's a Shame About Ray is a mostly quiet indie folkpop album that happens to be about smoking crack with a supermodel. Sounds like a good movie roll for Joe Dallesandro or something, doesn't it? Anyway, I like that record a lot more than I probably should, although it might be mostly for nostalgic reasons considering how dated it sounds every time I put it on, which is at least a few times a year. Oh well, its better than Alice in Chains and a bunch of the other shit that was on the "college charts" at the time. (SR)

Yes (House of Blues)

no

Pretty & Nice / Title Tracks / Ella Minnow (Rubber Gloves)

Pretty & Nice are a jittery power pop trio from Boston. Lighthearted fun but a little too youthful for my taste. Title Tracks is the project of former Q and Not U drummer John Davis .

90's Night (Hailey's)

Tonight will feature guest DJ Matthew from The Arrogant Sea and Writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home