Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It List: Tuesday 9/19/06




1. Lost Generation w/ Wanz (Cavern upstairs): Here is what Wanz has going for tonight. Sounds like some good stuff:

"No guest DJ tonight. There may not be too many more of these. I will know for sure next week. In the meantime new trax from Charlotte Gainsbourg, Arthur Russell vs DFA, Brazillian Girls vs MSTRKRFT, Bondo do Role, TV on The Radio vs El-P, ooIoo, Mew vs Sasha, The Knife vs Ratatat, Undoing of David Wright, Test Icicles vs Spank Rock and more. As far as old stuff goes I figure I should play some poppa gainsbourg as well, Some massive Attack since they gave me the best show I have seen in a few years, More Polvo since I forgot how I love them, Scratch Acid for obvious reasons, This Heat, Faust, and some trax from The Laptop Deathmatch crew. Come out have a drink, check out some tunes and say hi."

2. For those who didn't get to check them out last night in Denton, you can catch Paper Airplanes at Club Dada with Bob White and the F Electrics, Man Factory and Tha Bracelets. Man Factory aren't my favorite local band by any means, and I really have to be in the mood for the super sweet twee of Bracelets (and sometimes I am), but Paper Airplanes sound good enough to check out on their own. Listen to some of their myspace stuff if you haven't already. And by the way, the picture above is meant to provide proof that Bob White is the grossest band in DFW.

ADD: New Science Projects will be headlining a show at Dan's Silverleaf in Denton with Tex Winters, Miss Celia and Peter Hofstad. Sorry, I can't seem to find links for the other two performers, but I do know that the show is free.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Jones said...

will milne is a rockstar

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that Man Factory song about Dahlsim is pretty funny! I didn't understand a lot of it cuz I wasn't into video more than knowing who Dahlsim is but I laughed.

5:18 PM  
Blogger yr pretty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Bob White related to Aaron White?

8:19 PM  
Blogger tania said...

paper airplanes blew me away.
sychopated beats, choral singing, and a high energy presence, they played fast and frenzied,
kind of like the soundtrack that runs through my mind.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks SR, we've been trying hard to achieve that title for years now.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home