Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It List: Tuesday 9/19/06




1. Lost Generation w/ Wanz (Cavern upstairs): Here is what Wanz has going for tonight. Sounds like some good stuff:

"No guest DJ tonight. There may not be too many more of these. I will know for sure next week. In the meantime new trax from Charlotte Gainsbourg, Arthur Russell vs DFA, Brazillian Girls vs MSTRKRFT, Bondo do Role, TV on The Radio vs El-P, ooIoo, Mew vs Sasha, The Knife vs Ratatat, Undoing of David Wright, Test Icicles vs Spank Rock and more. As far as old stuff goes I figure I should play some poppa gainsbourg as well, Some massive Attack since they gave me the best show I have seen in a few years, More Polvo since I forgot how I love them, Scratch Acid for obvious reasons, This Heat, Faust, and some trax from The Laptop Deathmatch crew. Come out have a drink, check out some tunes and say hi."

2. For those who didn't get to check them out last night in Denton, you can catch Paper Airplanes at Club Dada with Bob White and the F Electrics, Man Factory and Tha Bracelets. Man Factory aren't my favorite local band by any means, and I really have to be in the mood for the super sweet twee of Bracelets (and sometimes I am), but Paper Airplanes sound good enough to check out on their own. Listen to some of their myspace stuff if you haven't already. And by the way, the picture above is meant to provide proof that Bob White is the grossest band in DFW.

ADD: New Science Projects will be headlining a show at Dan's Silverleaf in Denton with Tex Winters, Miss Celia and Peter Hofstad. Sorry, I can't seem to find links for the other two performers, but I do know that the show is free.

10 Comments:

Blogger Silence Productions said...

will milne is a rockstar

5:01 PM  
Anonymous adub said...

that Man Factory song about Dahlsim is pretty funny! I didn't understand a lot of it cuz I wasn't into video more than knowing who Dahlsim is but I laughed.

5:18 PM  
Blogger yr pretty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:25 PM  
Blogger tex winters said...

if you're in Denton, I'm doing a free show with New Science Projects and Daniel Folmer at Dan's Silverleaf tonight. I think it gets started around 8:30

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey those bob white dudes are pretty sweet...for fags.

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Bob White related to Aaron White?

8:19 PM  
Blogger tania said...

paper airplanes blew me away.
sychopated beats, choral singing, and a high energy presence, they played fast and frenzied,
kind of like the soundtrack that runs through my mind.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'there may not be too many more of these'-blixaboi

are you goddamn kidding douchebag??
you're time is gonna come, and i won't bat an eyelash, either.

get out!!!-the exorcist

2:03 PM  
Anonymous will said...

thanks SR, we've been trying hard to achieve that title for years now.

5:00 PM  
Blogger blixaboy said...

to anon 12:03pm.

My time has already come which is why I may be moving on by my own choice. I don't even know who you
are so why would I give a rat's ass what you think. For all I know you are probably just a bitter ex-bandmate. I have done far more good than bad(nobody's perfect). The only douche around here are idiots like you that want to project so much hatred my direction without giving any reason why. You gripe with me has no foundation.

Wait a sec I am actually making sense. Let break it down in language you can understand:


BLIXABOY THEATER PRESENTS
TRUE FACTS ABOUT ANONYMOUS 12:03PM's MOTHER
==============================

Yo mama's mouth so big, she speaks in surround sound!

Yo mama's so bald that she took a shower and got brain-washed!

Yo mama's so poor she goes to Kentucky Fried Chicken to lick other people's fingers!

Yo mama's so stupid when she saw the under 17 not admitted sign, she went home and got 16 friends!

Yo mama's so stupid it took her 2 hours to watch 60 Minutes!

Yo mama's so stupid that she tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order!

Yo mama's so stupid she took a ruler to bed to see how long she slept!

Yo mama's so stupid when she read on her job application to not write below the dotted line she put "O.K."!

Yo mama's so stupid she got stabbed in a shoot out!

Your momma's so dumb she thought the computer screen saver was TV

Your momma's so dumb she thought a telephone was a phone for the T.V

Your momma's so dumb she thinks a quarterback is a refund

Your momma's so dumb the computer said press any key to continue and she was looking for the any key

Your momma's so dumb it took her an hour to make minute rice

Your momma's so dumb she stayed up all night studying for her blood test

Your momma's so dumb I caught her staring at a piece of paper. She sait it was Pay-Per View

Your momma's so dumb when your dad suggested doggy style she went out the back and started to lick her balls

Your Mamma is so ugly she uses a line of makeup called "Why Bother"

Your Mamma is so ugly, she went to the bathroom and scared the sh!t out of the toilet.
===================================

I can get a translator for you if don't understand that. Thanks for giving me a good laugh before I go work. Cheers!!!!!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home